This short course will introduce attendees to the importance of establishing constructive
relationships within a team and with management. Specific focus of this course is on management of conflict within teams and dealing with disagreements arising from diversity. The benefits of diversity in a team will also be investigated.
Candidates who complete this course will be able to:
- liaise and network with internal and external stakeholders
- devise and apply a strategy to establish constructive relationships with team members and management
- identify and minimise personal conflicts within the business unit
- identify the main sources of conflict in the workplace
- devise and implement a strategy to resolve the conflict
- understand the nature of diversity and its value to the business unit
- manage team members taking into account similarities and differences
- deal with disagreements and conflicts arising from diversity in the workplace.
The units of the Manage Conflict and Diversity Short Course are a subset of SAQA 59201 National Certificate: Generic Management.